Additional Information Coming Soon
What's It All About?
Can’t sing a note, but know how to get your groove on? It’s time to step into the spotlight and show us what you’ve got. Welcome to the Mic Drop of Springfield!
Contestants need to submit a one-of- a-kind entry lip sync video that is 60 seconds or less. Finalists will be judged on creativity, song choice and showmanship. A panel of judges along with help from the audience will crown three winners. Top prize is $1,000!!!
Contact Ben Clutter at 417-837-1500 or email@example.com.
Just a few of our 2016 Contestant Submissions!
The Legal Stuff
1. Eligibility: The “Mic Drop Lip Sync Battle” (the “Contest”) is open to any individual 18 years of age or older.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules (“Rules”) and the decisions of The Kitchen, Inc., which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether or not you receive a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Rules. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted between June 15, 2016 12:00:01 AM Eastern Standard Time [EST] to August 31, 2016 11:59:59 PM EST.
Fifteen Finalists will be chosen on or before September 9, 2016, a signed media release will be required for all finalist.
4. How to Enter: To enter, entrant must create a one-of- a-kind entry lip sync video that is 60 seconds or less using their smartphone, computer, tablet or video camera. Video must feature the group that is submitting to perform.
To submit the video for judging an entrant must visit www.thekitcheninc.org/events/micdrop (the “Site”) to enter the contest and upload a link to the lip sync video on Youtube.com as instructed on the Site during the Contest Period.
The video can be up to 60 seconds in length. Once the submission is completed you give The Kitchen, Inc. permission to use the video for promotional purposes.
All entry information and Videos shall be referred to herein each as a “Submission” and collectively as the “Submissions.”
In order to be eligible, each Submission must satisfy the submission guidelines (“Submission Guidelines”) and contest requirements, as set forth herein. Entries that do not include all the required information and adhere to the Rules will be considered void. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, misdirected or incomplete Submissions.
Sponsor shall determine in its sole discretion if a Submission meets the Contest Requirements and otherwise complies with the Rules.
Entrants can email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
5. Terms of Submission: Limit one (1) Submission per group. You may not edit your Submission at any time after it has been submitted. Entries with excessive profanity or distasteful language will not be accepted. By participating in the Contest you permit public display of your entry materials and public voting in connection with your Submission.
6. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest, you agree that you will not now nor in the future be paid for your Submission or for granting the TKI any of the rights set out in these Rules.
7. Submission Guidelines: Your Submission may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- Is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity of any kind,
- Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about the Sponsor, or its products or other people, products or companies;
- Contains any personal identification, such as personal names, street or email addresses, or phone numbers;
- Violates or encourages the violation of any law, rule or regulation;
- Promotes any particular political party, agenda or message; and/or
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and/or goodwill to which the TKI wishes to associate
TKI shall have the right to disqualify any Submissions that it deems to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by TKI, in its sole discretion.
8. Prizes: First prize is $1,000.00 , Second Prize is $500.00 , Third Prize is $250.00
9. Winner(s): Three (3) Finalists will be selected on the evening of the event. The winner will receive the prize during the event, All decisions of TKI in selecting the Winner(s) are final and binding on all entrants in all matters relating to the Contest.
A group of panel judges picked by TKI will determine the Winners of the event based on creativity, song choice and video performance.
The panel of judges will be choosing the winners based on creativity, song choice and performance.
- 25% creativity
- 25% song choice
- 50% performance
TKI reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest at any time (subject to approval of any regulatory body having jurisdiction), if it is determined that the Contest cannot be run as originally planned or if fraud or any other occurrence comprises the fairness or integrity of the Contest.
11. Publicity/Press Releases: All press releases will be handled by The Kitchen, Inc.