Whether you are looking to volunteer once or become a regular, we need your help! Volunteers help us achieve our mission to bring stability and purpose to people who are homeless.
Regular volunteers must register with the Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) and pass the FCSR background screening. Complete your registration at www.health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr or call toll free at (866) 422-6872 to see if you are registered. There is a minimal fee for first-time registrants.
- Individuals must be at least 11 years old to volunteer with The Kitchen, Inc.
- Volunteers under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult guardian/advisor/group leader.
- Volunteers must be at least 25 years old to work at Rare Breed during youth hours (between 11am-5pm Monday-Friday).
We need volunteers at our O’Reilly Family Campus and at Rare Breed. Find the opportunity that fits you! To protect our clients and staff, The Kitchen, Inc. continues to follow CDC Guidance for homeless services providers. Volunteers are asked to wear a mask indoors.
Front Desk Assistant – O’Reilly Family Campus
Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm (shifts vary)
- greet and assist visitors
- answer phones and direct calls
- sort mail and other clerical duties
- clean and sanitize the front desk
- other tasks assigned by Support Services staff
Donation Processing – Rare Breed
- unload and sort donations
- clean and sanitize common spaces
- restock and organize supplies for youth
- other tasks assigned by Rare Breed staff
Dinner Groups – Rare Breed
Monday-Friday, drop off 3:30-4pm
- prepare and deliver 40 “brown bag” or “to-go” style meals
- Contact Ellen at (417) 225-7415 or email@example.com to sign up
Looking for other opportunities for your church or club? Contact Ellen at (417) 225-7415 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about opportunities.